PSEG Long Island is committed to delivering best-in-class electric reliability to you and to hardening the system to better withstand extreme weather. During the next several weeks, you will see crews working to strengthen the electrical system in the area. While this work is being performed, traffic and parking may be impacted. PSEG Long Island will be upgrading a system that protects underground lines from corroding. The plan is to strengthen the existing system at locations along an existing underground transmission circuit.
Construction will be ongoing in 2021.
We will upgrade the corrosion protection system at the following locations in:
- Maple Street and Rockaway Street, Valley Stream – Completed 2020
- West Merrick Road, approximately 450 feet east of Liberty Boulevard, Valley Stream – Completed 2020
- Ellison Avenue, between Ward Street and Earl Street, Westbury – Completed 2020
- Shore Road, approximately 600 feet south of Glenwood Road, Glenwood Landing – Completed 2020
- Heitz Place near Harrison Avenue, Hicksville
- Hempstead Avenue, just west of Westminster Road, West Hemstead within PSEG Long Island Right-of-Way
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below for frequently asked questions.
- What are the work hours?
Crews will be working Monday – Friday from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Will there be tree trimming?
Trees growing near power lines significantly increase the chance of power outages and pose safety risks. As we expand and improve our electric circuits, we will trim trees, where necessary, following our utility best practice model (ANSI A300 standards as well as the Best Management Practices Tree Pruning publication): 8 feet to each side; 12 feet above; and 10 feet below the line.
- Will there be any power outages?
We do not anticipate any power outages related to this project. In the event that a brief outage is required, all affected customers will be notified in advance of any power outage.
- Will there be any traffic interruptions?
To ensure traffic moves safely, PSEG Long Island will provide cones, flaggers and signage at the work sites, as needed, to minimize interruptions.
- Whom can I contact for more information?
Customers with questions about the project can contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
As always, customer and employee safety is our primary concern. Please be cautious when travelling near our construction work zones.
POSTED DATE: 01/30/20