In the summer of 2018, PSEG Long Island completed the first phase of upgrades to the electrical capacity and storm resilience of its Hempstead Substation at 115 West Columbia Street.
Phase II of this project will further upgrade the substation and the surrounding electric distribution system to ensure we can provide safe and reliable electric service to businesses and residents in the area, even in contingency situations.
Phase II of the project will also involve upgrades to an overhead transmission line between the substation and the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Hilton Avenue. This will provide additional high-voltage power to serve the substation’s increased capacity and increase system redundancy.
- Attachment A - Project Description
- Attachment B - Visual Assessment
- Attachment C - EMF and Noise Submission
- Attachment D - Construction
- Appendix A - Visual Renderings
- Appendix B - EMF Assessments
- Appendix C - Hempstead Substation Noise Impact Assessment Study
- FEAF Parts 1, 2, 3 and Supplemental Information Sheet
- Site Location Plan
- Negative Declaration Statement
Public Information Session
PSEG Long Island representatives were on hand to provide an overview of the planned work and hear public comments about the project.
- WHEN: Wednesday, June 12th, between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- WHERE: Hempstead Public Library, 115 James A. Garner Way, Hempstead, NY 11550 (still listed on some maps as 115 Nichols Court, Hempstead, NY 11550)
- RESOURCES: Download Presentation
If you like to comment or ask a question regarding this project please fill out our public comment form.