Elevation Requests

Raising Your Home?

Ensure that your home is raised safely. Here's what you need to know.

You may start your request at any time. If you need to gather information, you may pause for up to 13 days and resume the request, or you will need to start over. You will save a draft request and receive an e-mail with a draft number. To resume the request, go to the resume request site, copy and paste that number and provide the last name as it is displayed.

To ensure that your home elevation is safe and free of electrical hazards, it's important to notify us of your plans so that we can modify your service accordingly.

Required Documentation

The following is a list of required documents you may need in order to complete the online request:

  • Proof of ownership (title page or closing documents or current tax bill)
  • Authorization to act as an agent (needed if the requester is not the owner). This can be a letter signed by the owner and notarized. The requester will need Photo ID
  • When installing a Temporary Service, provide a digital copy of your Electrical Inspection Certificate. This document is required for ALL new services and/or service changes. If your service location is in the Rockaway Peninsula, you will need a New York City Permit.

If you require temporary electric service during construction... 

Have your electrician install temporary pole service at your location using specifications from the Red Book (see Page D7 for details). We will then relocate your service to the temporary pole until your home elevation is complete. Your PSEG Long Island account will remain open and billable during construction. There are costs to have temporary service installed. Please call our office at 1-844-341-6378 to discuss the costs.

If you DO NOT require temporary electric service during your home elevation...

  • Call us at 1-844-341-6378 to have the PSEG Long Island facilities removed, which is required before you can begin construction on your home elevation. Prior to removal, your account must be closed and finalized and we will schedule your final meter reading and bill. When you apply for reconnection, we will first need to inspect your service. Please reach out to Building & Renovation Services or review the website for the process that best describes your needs.
  • Add the necessary attachments and submit your request online. Requests are typically completed within three to five weeks from the time all documentation is received, weather permitting.

After You Apply

We will review your request and provide a response as soon as possible. You will receive a reference number for your project. Keep this number handy, as you will need it to make inquiries about your service request. Any questions, contact Building and Renovation Services at BRSLI@pseg.com. Please include the full property address in subject line. You can also call us at 1-844-341-6378, Monday - Friday, from 7:30AM to 4PM.