Ensure Safe Removal of Service
Request PSEG Long Island to remove your electric service before beginning demolition of any structure.
This will be required before obtaining a demolition permit from your municipality.
You can start your request at any time. If you need to pause to gather information you have 13 days to resume the request, or you will need to start over again. You will save as a Draft and an e-mail is sent to the e-mail address entered. The Draft e-mail will have a draft number in the body of the e-mail, copy and paste that number into the resume request site when asked, then provide the last name as it is displayed and your request will resume where you left off.
Before you apply, understand that:
- The structure must be vacant
- Consider a date for turning off the electric service
- Requests are typically completed in 3-5 weeks, weather permitting
- When you apply for reconnection, allow 3-5 weeks for reconnection
What you will need to apply
To allow us to process your application quickly and efficiently, you will need:
- Proof of Ownership, (deed, tax bill or closing documents)
- Contact information for yourself or your authorized representative
- Provide the parties name & mailing address for the demolition letter.
- Authorization from the owner to act as an agent
To have gas removed from the property contact National Grid at 800-930-5003.
After you apply
We will review your request and provide a response as soon as possible. You will receive a reference number for your project. Keep this number handy, as you will need it to make inquiries about your service request.
Any questions, contact Building and Renovation Services at BRSLI@pseg.com or 1-844-341-6378, Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM