Ensure Safe Removal of Service
Request PSEG Long Island to remove your electric service before beginning demolition of any structure.
This will be required before obtaining a demolition permit from your municipality.
Before you apply, understand that:
- The structure must be vacant
- Consider a date for turning off the electric service
- Requests are typically completed in 3-5 weeks, weather permitting
- When you apply for reconnection, allow 3-5 weeks for reconnection
What you will need to apply
To allow us to process your application quickly and efficiently, you will need:
- Proof of Ownership, (deed, tax bill or closing documents)
- Contact information for yourself or your authorized representative
- Provide the parties name & mailing address for the demolition letter.
- Authorization from the owner to act as an agent
To have gas removed from the property contact National Grid at 800-930-5003.
After you apply
We will review your request and provide a response as soon as possible. You will receive a reference number for your project. Keep this number handy, as you will need it to make inquiries about your service request.
Any questions, contact Building and Renovation Services at BRSLI@pseg.com or 1-844-341-6378, Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM