New Electric Service
Planning a Construction Project?
Before you apply
Plan in advance
Residential service requests may take up to five weeks to complete. Availability of service, the acquisition of road opening permits, and third party or municipal inspections may cause time frames to vary. Submit your completed applications as early as possible, as they are processed in the order they are received. Call to speak with a Building and Renovations representative if you need guidance.
Read our installation requirements
Applicants or their representatives requesting service should be familiar with PSEG Long Island's specific service characteristics and installation requirements.
- Electric Service: Specifications and Requirements for Electric Installations
- Additional Builder/Developer Resources:
- High Voltage Proximity Act - NYS Code Rule 57
- PSEG Long Island’s Tariff Information
Please make sure your site is within PSEG Long Islands service territory.
What you will need to apply
To allow us to process your application quickly and efficiently, you will need:
- Approved site plans or foundation in place
- Contact information for yourself or your authorized representative
- Billing information
- New Meters or services will require an Electrical Inspection Certificate. If your service location is in the Rockaway Peninsula, you will need a NYC building Permit.
- Service location and use information, including pole/pad numbers (if available)
- For new electric service: load details are required for 400amp services or larger. For the new meter(s) you are requesting, including volts, amps, phase, and air conditioning load
- For new service for a residential subdivision (BUD): details on the different types of units, including electric load details, volts, amps, and phases
- For phased construction (BUD): number of each type of unit for each phase and timelines for each phase
After you apply
We will review your request and provide a response as soon as possible. You will receive a reference number for your project. Keep this number handy, as you will need it to make inquiries about your service request.
Any questions, contact Building and Renovation Services at BRSLI@pseg.com or 1-844-341-6378, Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM.