PSEG Long Island will be upgrading the electric distribution infrastructure. This will include upgrading overhead primary wires, poles and pole top switches which will help ensure that we can continue to provide safe and reliable electric service to businesses and residents in the area.
This project was completed in July 2019.
Start Date: June 2019
Crews working on the infrastructure along Emory Road between Jericho Turnpike and Garfield Avenue will:
- Inspect the system to ensure compliance with the most current standards
- Upgrade equipment, where necessary, to maintain or improve reliability
- Inspect and replace poles that do not meet our standards with poles of similar height
- Convert overhead design from single-wire to three-wire configuration. This will create connection points to adjacent circuits and provide backup supply in emergency/contingency situations
- Replace overhead primary wire with a stronger, more resilient wire
- Install switching equipment at two locations
Posted Date: May 28, 2019