Bridgehampton to Buell New 69kV Underground Cable
PSEG Long Island will install a new 69KV transmission line in new underground conduit within the existing right of way between the Bridgehampton substation in Bridgehampton and the Buell substation in East Hampton. The new cable will run parallel to an existing overhead transmission cable already in operation. These upgrades will ensure that you and your neighbors receive safe, reliable electric power for years to come.
The new cable will run from the Bridgehampton substation on Bridgehampton – Sag Harbor Turnpike east within the existing transmission right of way until it reaches the Buell Substation on Cove Hollow Road in East Hampton.
Work is expected to begin 2024 and be completed by the summer of 2025.
Environmental Assessment Documents
Paper copies of the EIS will be available at the following locations: LIPA offices located at 333 Earle Ovington Blvd., 4th Floor, Uniondale; Rogers Memorial Library located at 91 Coopers Farm Rd, Southampton; and the East Hampton Library located at 159 Main Street, East Hampton.
A public information session will be held at LTV Studios, located at 75 Industrial Rd, Wainscott, NY 11975 on June 28, 2022 from 2:00-6:30pm, which will immediately be followed by the formal Public Hearing which will start at 6:30pm.
Comments on the DEIS can be submitted via email to the following address: PSEG-LI-B2BSEQR@pseg.com or via regular mail, Attention: Erin Gorman, Manager, Environmental Projects and Permitting PSEG Long Island Address: 175 East Old Country Road, Hicksville, NY 11801. Comments can also be provided during the Public Hearing on June 28th. The Public Comment period closed on July 12,2022.
- DEIS Full Text
- DEIS Figures
- Appendix A - Proposed Action Plans
- Appendix B - Proposed Action SEQRA Documentation
- Appendix C - SEQRA for Easement Acquisition
- Appendix D - Construction Plans - NP
- Appendix E - Subsurface Investigation and Geotechnical Evaluation Services
- Appendix F - DRAFT SWPPP Bridge to Buell PSEG
- Appendix G - SCWA Annual Report 2021
- Appendix H - State Registry of Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Sites
- Appendix I - SAMPLE HDD Frac-out Contingency Plan
- Appendix J - Material Safety Data Sheets
- Appendix K - SCWA Correspondence
- Appendix L - Construction Mat BMPs
- Appendix M - Employee Qualifications
- Appendix N - New York Natural Heritage Program Conservation Rank
- Appendix O - Breeding Bird Atlas
- Appendix P - NYNHP Correspondence
- Appendix Q - Village of Sag Harbor Correspondence
- Appendix R - SHPO Correspondence
- Appendix S - Archeology Report
- Appendix T - Sound Impact Evaluation and Assessment
- Appendix U - FCAF-Policy Discussion
- Appendix V - Traffic Impact Evaluation and Assessment
- Appendix W - NYNHP Alternative Routes
- Final Scope
- Draft Scope
- Positive Declaration
- Full Environmental Assessment Form
- Notice of Completion of Draft and Notice of SEQR Hearing
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the work hours?
Crews are scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Will there be tree trimming?
There will be no tree trimming associated with this work.
- Will the project include new poles or pole replacements?
No. All work will be performed underground.
- Will there be any power outages?
There will not be any outages related to this project.
- Will there be any traffic interruptions?
We do not anticipate any traffic disruptions along the project route. However, to ensure traffic moves safely, PSEG Long Island will provide cones, flagmen and signage at the work sites, as needed
- Do you have permission to do this work?
PSEG Long Island is undertaking a thorough environmental review and working to obtain approves required to complete the project.
- Whom can I contact for more information?
If you have any questions about this project, please contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday.
As always, customer and employee safety is our primary concern. Please be cautious when travelling near our construction work zones.