Supporting the Business Community
Electric Rate Discounts for Growing Companies
Let us help your business work on Long Island. Find out about programs that can save you money and help you grow your business.
Investing in your business. Investing in the community
Our economic development programs have kept more than 2,500 jobs from leaving Long Island and created more than 1,500 new jobs. Our energy efficiency programs have helped 4,000 businesses stay competitive by saving energy and reducing overhead costs. Plus, PSEG Long Island has helped support 900+ local companies by purchasing more than $120 million in goods and services from them. We also offer electric rate discounts to customers in certain categories, including:
Business Attraction/Expansion Rate Discounts
For non-retail customers that significantly expand their Long Island operations or move their businesses to Long Island, and that meet or exceed increased electric load or job creation/retention guidelines.
Who is eligible?
- New, non-retail customers who achieve 145 KW. Discount applied to entire load.
- Existing, non-retail customers who increase their load by 100 KW or increase employment by 20% over minimum 50-employee base level. Discount is applied to incremental load.
Discount term of up to five (5) years on the energy-delivery portion of the bill for eligible load, with the greatest discount in the first year and then decreasing each year over a five year period down to standard rate.
Business Incubator Rate Discounts
For start-up business that graduated from a New York State-sponsored incubator program and are located outside the incubator facility. Business must have a 7 KW minimum load. The discount applied to entire load.
Discount on energy-delivery portion of the bill for eligible load Discount term of up to five (5) years on the energy-delivery portion of the bill for eligible load, with the greatest discount in the first year and then decreasing each year over a five year period down to standard rate.
Load-Shifting Option Discount
New program participants can permanently lower their electric rates by shifting their electric use away from our most critical load period—summer weekdays between 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
New York State Excelsior Jobs Program
PSEG Long Island provides electric rate discounts to Excelsior-certified business customers, including firms in targeted industries such as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, high-tech, clean-technology, green technology, financial services, agriculture, and manufacturing.
Who is eligible?
- A new customer that moves into the PSEG Long Island service territory with electric load of 7 KW or higher and is certified by New York State (NYS) Empire State Development in the NYS Excelsior Jobs Program, or
- An existing customer that increases its electric load to at least 7 KW by adding 25% or 50 KW (whichever is less), and is certified by NYS Empire State Development in the NYS Excelsior Jobs Program. Discount applied to incremental load.
Discount on eligible load includes:
- Zero demand charges
- Flat energy delivery charge
- Discount term is up to ten (10) years based on maintaining annual certification by Empire State Development.
Recharge New York
A New York Power Authority program that provides lower-cost hydro power to qualified businesses that retain and create jobs.