Terms & Conditions
PSEG Long Island is concerned about your privacy and is committed to providing a secure online environment. As a visitor you need not register or give any personal identification to use this site. Last revision and effective date: November 15, 2023
- Acceptable Use Policy
- My Smart Energy Portal - Connect Others
- Time-of-Day Rate Options
- Voice Assistants
You agree not to:
- Use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that (i)infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; (ii) is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, (iii) promotes extreme violence or cruelty to animals, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or (iv) discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information;
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another person;
- Spam or use the Services to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, website, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content on the Site or through the Services that:
- Violates any federal, state or local law;
- Is harmful, abusive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or other rights, or harms or could harm minors in any way;
- Harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- Is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes "bait and switch" offer;
- Constitutes or contains "pyramid schemes," "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or unsolicited advertisements of a commercial nature;
- Includes links to commercial services or third party websites, except as specifically allowed by PSEG;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Services, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Services; or
- Employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Services.
You further agree not to:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- Make any libelous or defamatory comments or postings to or against anyone;
- Collect personal information about other users or entities for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Use any deep link to the Site or any portion thereof; or
- Use any automated device or software that enables the submission of automatic postings on PSEG without human intervention or authorship (an "automated posting device"), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device in connection with bulk postings, or for automatic submission of postings at certain times or intervals.
Any attempt (whether or not successful) to engage in, or to enable, induce, encourage, cause or assist anyone else to engage in, any unauthorized or prohibited activities is also expressly prohibited and is a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy.
In addition, if you are an employee of PSEG or otherwise subject to the PSEG Standards of Conduct, you agree not to use the Site or Services in any manner that would constitute a violation of the Standards of Conduct, or any PSEG policy, practice or similar provision applicable to you.
If you believe that any Content or activities on the Site or the Services violates this Acceptable Use Policy, please let us know by submitting a message here: email@example.com. We reserve the right to take or refrain from taking any and all steps available to us once we receive any such message.
This Disclaimer applies to Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates. References to PSEG are deemed to include each such subsidiary and affiliate.
The statements contained on this Site that are not purely historical are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Such statements are based on management’s beliefs as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to management. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in any forward-looking statements made by us herein are discussed in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent reports on Form 10-Q and Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and available on this website: http://investor.pseg.com. All of the forward-looking statements made on this Site are qualified by these cautionary statements and we cannot assure you that the results or developments anticipated by management will be realized or even if realized, will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, us or our business, prospects, financial condition, results of operations or cash flows. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements in making any investment decision. Forward-looking statements made on this Site apply only as of the date they are made. While we may elect to update forward-looking statements from time to time, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so, even in light of new information or future events, unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information presented on this Site is accurate, PSEG assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions, or out-of-date information and shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages resulting from the availability of, use of, access of, or inability to use this information.
Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Site is strictly prohibited.
PSEG reserves all legal rights and remedies available to it with respect to this Site. This Disclaimer shall in no way be deemed a limitation on or waiver of any other rights PSEG may have.
The Terms and Conditions for MyAlerts services can be found here.
The Terms and Conditions for Connect Other Users can be found here.
Time-of-Day Rate Options
The Terms and Conditions for Time-of-Day Rate Options can be found here.
The Terms and Conditions for PSEG Long Island Skill on Amazon’s Alexa Service and Action on Google’s Assistant can be found here.