Keep your drone in sight while in flight!
Flying a drone too close to power lines, electrical substations or other electrical equipment may affect its signal, resulting in a loss of control. Drone incidents involving such equipment can result in power outages, injury or even death.
Stay alert and stay safe with these steps:
- Fly your drone at or below 400 feet.
- Never fly your drone beyond your sight.
- Stay at least 200 feet away from power lines or other electrical equipment.
- Do not fly in dark, stormy or windy conditions.
- Read and follow the drone manufacturer’s instructions to ensure the safety of your drone and people around you.
- For complete drone flying rules and additional safety tips, please visit the Federal Aviation Administration.
Call PSEG Long Island immediately, 24/7, at 800-490-0075.
We’re here to help! If a drone enters an electrical substation or comes into contact with power lines, do not attempt to retrieve it.