Outdoor Commerce and Beautification
Enhance Your Open Space
Your Chamber of Commerce, Business Improvement District, Civic Association or not-for-profit may be eligible to receive reimbursement of up to $10,000 for purchasing items including outdoor tables and seating, outdoor lighting, outdoor patio heaters, planters, durable safety materials and more.
To apply, please submit completed application to PSEG-LIemail@example.com.
Grants are designed to foster economic viability, vibrancy and support of local businesses while increasing economic growth and business in downtown areas. The program provides funding to the following types of 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organizations: Chamber of Commerce, Business Improvement District, Civic Association or not-for-profit.
- Outdoor Dining/Commerce: Includes heaters, benches, tables, chairs, umbrellas, garbage receptacles, barricades, durable safety equipment, outdoor non-holiday-specific lighting, speaker systems and limited signage*.
- Beautification Projects: includes planters, plants, mulch, landscape materials, rocks, flags, new gazebo construction and/or gazebo upgrade materials, winter seasonal décor/holiday lighting.
- “Welcome To” signage: PSEG Long Island recognition signage required.
Incentives to support the enhancement of outdoor spaces where local businesses provide outdoor dining and commerce.
Accepting applications until December 31, 2023 or until funds are exhausted. Pre-approval by PSEG Long Island required prior to any purchase.
Please see the following regulations:
- PSEG Long Island retains the sole right to select awardees and determine award amounts.
- PSEG Long Island may conduct pre-inspections and/or post-inspections of a site or sites associated with a project.
- PSEG Long Island makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation, express or implied, with regard to any economic benefits, energy savings, or cost savings that may result from use of this Program’s funds. Award recipient understands and agrees that PSEG Long Island is not liable for any financial losses related to the applicant’s participation in the Program, or if the expected benefits of the project are not achieved.
- In the event that the award recipient utilizes a contractor or other agent to accomplish the project goals, PSEG Long Island makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation, express or implied, with regard to materials or workmanship provided by these agents or contractors, nor the costs charged by the agent or contractor.
- Any award provided may only be used by the recipient for the stated and approved use. PSEG Long Island reserves the right to withhold the award if the substance of the project changes or the requirements of the program are not met.
- Award will not be granted if the properties are not in compliance with applicable zoning laws and urban renewal plans.
- Applicant must secure required building permits and complete the project in accordance with all applicable codes, ordinances, and standard engineering practices. Contractors must be properly registered, licensed, and insured.
- Applicant agrees to provide economic information to PSEG Long Island or its approved agent in order to verify the economic benefit of the award for a period of two (2) years after issuance of the final award payment
- Applicant agrees to participate in PSEG Long Island marketing and promotional activities including PSEG Long Island signage related to any award provided.
- Award recipients will be responsible for accurately and appropriately accounting for any awards and resulting tax implications.
- Applicants should consult with an accountant prior to submitting their application.
- This program may be suspended at any time without notice.
Applicant must specify the component/components for which they are applying. There is no limit on most individual components; however, applicant cannot exceed the $10,000 cap in any program year. Applications are subject to PSEG Long Island committee review and not limited to the items identified above. You must submit an application for pre-approval by PSEG Long Island prior to purchasing materials or starting a project. Reimbursement will be for materials only, not labor costs.
In addition to pre-approval, proper proof of spending including receipts and/or paid invoices are required.