PSEG Long Island Helps Island Harvest Support People in Need
Donation bins will be set up at five PSEG Long Island offices beginning Tuesday, Oct. 27
(UNIONDALE, N.Y. – Oct. 20, 2020) – Several PSEG Long Island facilities will be utilized to assist Island Harvest with upcoming donation drop-off days. The community is invited to safely donate nonperishable food and essential items to support neighbors facing financial issues and food insecurity.
Collection bins will be set up outside five PSEG Long Island offices across Long Island, including:
- Lindenhurst - 42 East Sunrise Hwy. – Tuesday, Oct. 27
- Melville - 15 Park Dr. - Thursday, Oct. 29
- Patchogue - 460 E Main St. - Thursday, Nov. 5
- Seaford - 3524 Merrick Rd. - Tuesday, Nov. 10
- Hewlett - 455 Mill Rd. - Thursday, Nov. 12
At all locations, donations will be accepted from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and PSEG Long Island employees will be available to help coordinate the drop-offs while following contactless and physical distancing safety guidelines. Masks are required and hand sanitizer will be available.
Please note: To continue to protect our customers and employees, all customer offices will remain closed.
Island Harvest has a need for specific items, including:
- Nonperishable food: Low-sodium canned beans, vegetables, soups, pasta sauces and canned tomatoes, canned tuna and chicken, rice, popcorn kernels, nut butters, olive and canola oil and pet food.
- Household essentials: Toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, laundry detergent, dish soap and face coverings.
- Personal care items: Toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo, conditioner, feminine care products, shaving products and washcloths.
- Baby care items: Diapers, wipes, formula, ointments and baby wash.
For additional information about Island Harvest and for help with food insecurity issues, call 631-873-4775.
PSEG Long Island offers assistance and payment programs for customers experiencing financial hardship. For more information visit, www.psegliny.com/myaccount/customersupport/financialassistance.
# # #
PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.