Residential Energy Affordability Partnership (REAP) Program
Save on Your Electric Bill
REAP helps income-eligible customers lower their energy costs by finding household energy-saving opportunities. If you qualify to participate, a REAP technician will visit your home or connect remotely to determine the energy efficiency of your appliances and other devices. Customers may qualify to have energy-saving appliances and devices installed in their homes for FREE.
Home Energy Surveys
Income-eligible customers can choose between an In-Home Energy Survey or a Remote Energy Assessments (REAs).
- In-Home: During a REAP in-home energy survey, the field technician will serve as the technical expert, providing personalized guidance and energy education during the assessment process, focused on providing you with an education on energy use patterns, energy saving tips, referrals for other assistance programs, with the goal of providing an impactful customer experience throughout the entire process. The field technician will also obtain information for eligibility in replacing inefficient measures.
- Virtual Remote Energy Assessment: While performing the remote energy assessment with the REAP field technician, you will connect virtually and go through the entire home, room by room - allowing you to play an active role in making your home energy efficient, safer and healthier! All partners will adhere to the current NYS COVID-19 safety requirements.
Free Energy-saving Measures
During the home energy survey, either in-home or remotely, the REAP technician will talk to you about ways you can reduce your energy consumption. The technician may also install energy-saving measures at no cost to you or have them delivered to you if you choose an REA. The technician will select the energy-efficient devices that will have the greatest impact based on your individual circumstances, possibly including:
- High-Efficiency LED (light-emitting diode) Light Bulbs
ENERGY STAR-certified LEDs produce light very efficiently, last 25 times longer than a traditional bulb, and use 75% less energy.
- Energy-Efficient Appliances
ENERGY STAR-certified room air conditioners use about 15% less energy than conventional models. ENERGY STAR-certified dehumidifiers are more efficient than conventional models and remove the same amount of moisture, but use 15% less energy. ENERGY STAR-certified refrigerators use less energy and help reduce the impact on the environment.
- Electric Water Heater Pipe Insulation
(For electric hot water heater customers only.) Insulating hot water heater pipes assists in reducing heat loss. This can allow you to lower your water temperature setting to save money.
- Energy-Efficient Water Flow Devices
(For electric hot water heater customers only.) Low-flow devices help save money by reducing water consumption and decreasing the amount of electricity (or gas) needed to heat the water.
Do you qualify for REAP?
Both renters and homeowners may participate in REAP. You are eligible for REAP if you have a current PSEG Long Island customer account, live within our service territory, not had a REAP visit within the last 10 years and you meet the 2022 income guidelines below:
|Size of Family||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|1||$67,450 or less||$5,621 or less|
|2||$77,050 or less||$6,421 or less|
|3||$86,700 or less||$7,225 or less|
|4||$96,300 or less||$8,025 or less|
|5||$104,050 or less||$8,671 or less|
|6||$111,750 or less||$9,313 or less|
|7||$119,450 or less||$9,954 or less|
|8||$127,150 or less||$10,596 or less|
For each additional person add $7,700 to Annual Income/$642 to Monthly Income.
Frequently Asked Questions
The REAP home energy survey takes approximately two hours.
The ENERGY STAR-certified appliances (such as window room air conditioners, air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators) that are provided through the REAP Program are brand new appliances.
Existing appliances are taken to be recycled in accordance with state and federal regulations.