Smart Grid Small Generator Interconnection Procedures
The process requirements to add a distributed resource to our system is to ensure the addition has no adverse impacts on safety, reliability and power quality. It begins with the planning and application stage, continues through the installation of equipment and completes with inspections, testing and signoff. Generation neither designed to operate, nor operating, in parallel with our electrical system is not subject to these requirements.
The Process is governed by requirements for distributed resource facility interconnection to our system which incorporates New York Standardized Interconnection Requirements.
Proposed modification of SGIP
The Long Island Power Authority (“LIPA” or the “Authority”) Staff proposes to modify the PSEG-Long Island Smart Grid Small Generator Interconnection Procedures (“Smart Grid SGIP”) which is an addendum to the Tariff for Electric Service (“Tariff”) in order to reflect the March 2016 updates made to NYS Standardized Interconnection Requirements. SGIP Revisions
A PowerPoint Side show explaining the changes and proposed Online Portal was presented at a Contractor Meeting on 12/6/2016 and is included here for reference SGIP Contractor Meeting
All equipment must meet the testing and certification requirements of New York State. A listing of this equipment can be found on the New York Public Service Commission's website.
- Interconnection Procedures (Smart Grid SGIP)
- PSEG Long Island SGIP Interconnection Requirements
- SGIP Fees Schedule
- Reference Documents and Examples
- PSEG Long Island’s Smart Grid Small Generator Interconnection Technical Requirements and Screening Criteria for Operating in Parallel with LIPA’s Distribution System (Went into effect for new SGIP applications as Jan 1, 2019)
- Screening Criteria for Operating in Parallel with LIPA's Distribution System (Not valid for new SGIP applications as Jan 1, 2019)
- SGSGIP Application Queue
- SGIP Interactive Maps
- Feed-In Tariffs
- Proposals & Bids
If you have questions please email or call your PSEG Long Island Generator Interconnection Contact representative:
Ms. Iram Iqbal