PSEG Long Island Employees Spread Holiday Cheer for Area Children
Co-workers donate hundreds of dollars in toys and money to make the season brighter
(UNIONDALE, NY – Jan. 6, 2022) – The holidays were a little brighter for children across Long Island and the Rockaways, thanks to the generosity of PSEG Long Island employees. A collection drive was set up in offices and online, and more than $1,600 in toys, games and money to purchase gifts was donated by caring employees.
Nearly 400 large and small gifts, including dolls, board games, electronic toys, trucks and gift cards were given to more than a dozen agencies across PSEG Long Island’s service area to distribute to local children and their families. The agencies are:
- Bellport Hagerman East Patchogue Alliance in Bellport
- Family Service League in Mastic
- First Presbyterian Church of Northport
- Gerald Ryan Outreach Center in Wyandanch
- Lighthouse Mission in Bellport
- Sunshine Alternative Education & Prevention Center in Port Jefferson Station
- Five Towns Community Center in Lawrence
- Hempstead Hispanic Civic Association
- Long Island Council of Churches in Freeport
- Mary Brennan INN Soup Kitchen and Center for Transformative Change Resource Center in Hempstead
- NAACP Hempstead Branch
- Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church in Roosevelt
- The United Methodist Church of Hempstead
- St. Mary Star of the Sea and St. Gertrude Parish in Far Rockaway
Along with providing safe, reliable power, community service is an important part of PSEG Long Island’s culture. Its employees care about and support their neighbors through many community service projects and activities throughout the year.
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.