PSEG Long Island: Storm Update — Nov. 30, 2020 4:30 p.m. ET
(UNIONDALE, N.Y. – Nov. 30, 2020) – Heavy rain, strong winds and hazardous gusts continue in Nassau County, Suffolk County and the Rockaways causing downed trees, branches and wires affecting more than 16,600 of our 1.1 million customers since this morning.
- PSEG Long Island is reporting 5,793 of its approximately 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are currently without service.
- Crews are working safely and as quickly as possible to help restore customers without power.
- PSEG Long Island has additional personnel, including tree and line crews, to repair damage and restore outages.
- PSEG Long Island reminds customers that its crews are unable to work in bucket trucks to make repairs until the winds return to non-hazardous levels.
- Crews are working to assess damage and make repairs. As we continue to assess the damage, restoration times will be refined.
- In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have adapted our storm and safety procedures to follow public health guidelines and industry best practices. We thank our customers for their patience as we operate under these unusual circumstances to safely restore power as quickly as possible.
- Our goal, always, is to restore power safely and as quickly as possible. We ask our customers for a fair amount of patience and to know we will be there just as soon as it is safe.
- The safety of PSEG Long Island’s customers and employees is the company’s top priority. We ask that customers remain in their homes while crews are working nearby. If customers must speak with our crews, we ask that they practice responsible “social distancing” and remain at least 6 feet away to ensure the health of everyone involved. For more information about how PSEG Long Island continues to live up to its commitments during the pandemic, please visit https://www.psegliny.com/covid19.
- Download the PSEG Long Island mobile app to report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- Report an outage and receive status updates by texting OUT to PSEGLI (773454). You can also report your outage through our app, website at www.psegliny.com/outages or with your voice using the Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant app on your smartphone.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075 or use our web chat feature at www.psegliny.com
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s MyPower map for the latest in outage info, restoration times and crew locations across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://mypowermap.psegliny.com/
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline powered engines, including generators, in a garage or any other enclosed space. Do not use your oven to heat your home.
# # #
PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.