PSEG Long Island: Storm Update—August 23, 2019 9:00 a.m. ET
Strong winds, heavy rain and lightning caused significant damage in Western Suffolk County last night. The storm brought down numerous large trees, branches and wires. Hardest hit areas are in the Townships of Islip and Babylon.
- PSEG Long Island is reporting about 24,097 of its approximately 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are currently without service.
- As of 8:30 a.m., the company has restored service to more than 43,800 customers out of the 67,900 affected by the storm last night.
- Crews have been deployed and are assessing damage and making repairs. As we continue to assess the damage, estimated restoration times will be refined.
- Crews are working to restore critical facilities and outages affecting the largest numbers of customers first.
- PSEG Long Island is calling in additional personnel, including tree and line crews, to repair damage and restore outages.
- As of 8:30 a.m., approximately 800 additional personnel including line and tree trim workers will be on property assisting in the restoration efforts. The workers from other areas will arrive and be rapidly assigned to jobs.
- Electric service crews will continue to work through the night to respond to outages safely and as quickly as possible.
- Information about PSEG Long Island’s restoration process is available at https://www.psegliny.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety/afterastorm .
- Our goal, always, is to restore power safely and as quickly as possible. We ask our customers for a fair amount of patience and to know we will be there just as soon as possible.
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com. You can also report an outage through our Alexa app skill.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/