Household Assistance Program
Eligible Customers Can Save $20 or More Every Month.
You may qualify for a discount if you have an active residential account in your name and you currently receive benefits from at least one of the following:
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance - Family Assistance (FA)
- Temporary Assistance - Safety Net Assistance (SNA)
- Veteran’s Pension - Non-Service Connected Disability
- Veteran’s Surviving Spouse Pension - Non-Service Connected Disability
How it Works
Savings will vary based on the benefits received and the type of electric service. If you receive HEAP “add-ons” in addition to the standard grant and electricity is your primary heating source, your electric bill discount will be higher. Once enrolled, the rate code shown on your bill will be preceded by a “D” (Ex. D180) and a new “Household Assistance Discount” line item will appear in the “Taxes & Other Charges” section of each bill. HAP enrollment must be renewed every 18 months. You’ll receive a reminder at month 14.
How to Enroll
You may enroll for the Household Assistance Program in one of two ways:
- You may be automatically enrolled when we are notified by an assistance agency that you are a recipient of one of the programs above.
- You can apply by filling out an application (see above) and providing proof of eligibility.