Manage your account with Amazon’s Alexa
Interacting with PSEG Long Island is now as easy as saying “Alexa, ask PSEG Long Island what's my usage history?" or "Alexa, ask PSEG Long Island what my current balance is?" Stay in control of your electric account with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices and the Alexa app.
With the PSEG Long Island skill you can...
Pay Your Bill
Report an Outage
Review Usage History
Check Meter Reading Dates
Get Energy Saving Tips
Ask for Safety Tips
How Do I?
Register by text or through My Account on your computer.
Register via text:
- Text REG to PSEGLI (773454) from the phone that you want to register for MyAlerts.
- Enter your PSEG Long Island account number.
- Enter the first three letters of your last name. Or, if you are a business customer, enter the first three letters of your business name.
- You will receive a link to the terms and conditions. After reading them, text Y (for yes) if you agree.
- You are now registered for MyAlerts. Manage your alert subscriptions by texting SUB to PSEGLI (773454) or by logging into My Account.
Register via computer:
- Login to My Account from your smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- Under Update My Profile, select Text/Email Notifications MyAlerts. Add your preferred contact information (text or email).
- Enter a name for the new contact (ex: MomCell or WorkEmail).
- Set Do Not Disturb settings (optional).
- Select the language that you would like to receive alerts in (English or Spanish).
- Read the Terms and Conditions and check the box stating that you’ve read and agree to them.
- Click Save Changes.
- Choose which alerts to subscribe to by toggling the On/Off switch next to the alert type.
- You are now registered. A confirmation message will be sent to the new contact. You will need to confirm the contact in order to begin receiving alerts.
First, register for MyAlerts and connect your bank account to your PSEG account. Then, text PAY or send a 💡 emoji to PSEGLI (773454).
Text STOP as a reply to any alerts you'd like to unsubscribe from. You may also go to your MyAlerts dashboard and set the toggle switch to OFF.
Please note: Your phone must be registered for MyAlerts before you are able to utilize the other commands.
Depending on your wireless plan, you may be charged for the text messages associated with this service. Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions before registering.
Text any of the commands below to PSEGLI (773454).
Keyword Español Purpose REG RGS Register your cell phone to a PSEG Long Island account
You will need your ZIP code and phone number associated with account.
SUB SUS Subscribe to additional alerts PAY PAG Pay your bill with the bank info that is saved on file Quick, one-step way to pay your balance in full BAL SAL Check account balance OUT COR Report a power problem: Outage or Partial Lights STAT EST Check the status of a reported outage PAUSE INT Pause messages for a specific account RESUME CON Resume text messages after using the pause command STOP ALTO Unsubscribe from individual or all alerts NICK NOM For accounts with multiple locations, add a nickname such as Home or Office HELP AYU Receive a listing of all supported keywords
The timing of your first alert is based on when you registered and your billing cycle. Please allow up to one billing cycle to start receiving alerts.
No. If the status of a payment is "pending," you can cancel it in My Account or by speaking with a PSEG Long Island representative.
Once registered, you can log in to My Account to manage all of your communication preferences.
- Choose to receive notifications via email and/or text message
- Set up and manage "Do Not Disturb" preferences to put alerts on hold
- Add multiple contacts to a single PSEG Long Island account
- Add multiple PSEG Long Island accounts to a single mobile phone number or email address
This setting allows you to suspend alerts during certain times (for example, during your regular commute time). Just select a start time and an end time. Each mobile number or email address can have a separate setting. Please note that billing and payment alerts are only sent from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You also have the option to override your Do Not Disturb setting for alerts related to a power outage you report. In that case, only billing and payment alerts would be put on hold. Log in to My Account to manage alerts and Do Not Disturb settings.
- Through My Account:
Login to My Account from your smartphone, tablet, or computer and select Manage My Alerts. You can toggle the On/Off switch for each alert, or you can click on the trashcan icon to delete a phone number or email address.
- By phone or email:
For phones: Text STOP to PSEGLI (773454) from the registered phone.For emails: Follow the My Account instructions above.
- Through My Account:
MyAlerts is offered at no charge by PSEG Long Island. However, your mobile phone provider may bill you for text messages received and sent with this service. PSEG Long Island is not responsible for these charges. Before using MyAlerts, check with your mobile phone service provider for text message rates and plans.
PSEG Long Island cannot guarantee delivery of text messages. Your mobile phone wireless carrier is responsible for delivering text messages. Text message delivery may be limited by your mobile phone plan, or your carrier's wireless coverage area. Your mobile phone must be on to receive text messages. From time to time, MyAlerts may be unavailable. This could result in undelivered or untimely text messages.
Can my spouse and I both get alerts about our home's PSEG Long Island account on each of our phones?
Yes, for any of your accounts, you can enroll as many different phone numbers or email addresses as you'd like.
Yes, you can register all of your accounts for MyAlerts. You can add a nickname to each account (such as Home, Mom, LakeHouse) to make it easy to keep track of your accounts. After registering, just text NICK to PSEGLI (773454) to create a nickname for the account.
My neighbor's power is out, but they are not registered for MyAlerts. Can I report a power outage for them via text?
No. You can only report a power outage via text for the locations associated with your mobile phone. Your neighbor can register for the program by texting REG to PSEGLI (773454)
Please let us know by calling 1-800-490-0075. We'll cancel it.
MyAlerts is intended for use during normal weather and operating conditions. During times of widespread outages or emergency situations (such as hurricanes, ice storms, etc.), PSEG Long Island focuses resources on power restoration. In these situations, MyAlerts messages may be limited to certain regions, delayed, or both. In times of weather disasters, power outage text messages and emails may not be deliverable.
Power restoration times are only estimates. They are based on the best information we have at the time about the power outage. We generally know how long different types of power outages take to restore, but each power outage may have unique circumstances.
Yes, a Payment Posted message simply means PSEG Long Island has received your payment and has applied it to your account. The payment could still be returned by the financial institution.
A payment reminder is a text and/or email that will be sent to you five days prior to your PSEG Long Island bill due date. If your balance is paid in full, you will not receive a message. If you’re enrolled in DirectPay for automatic payments, the alert will remind you that a payment is scheduled.
Please first check the circuit breaker box at your property to ensure that nothing has tripped to the OFF position. If power is still not restored after checking the breaker, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) to report the power outage again. There may be additional damage at your location that we were not previously aware of during the original repairs. If you see downed wires, damaged poles, etc., please call us at 1-800-490-0075 to report the damaged equipment.
- Major Carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile.
- Minor Carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless), Cellcom, CSpire Wireless.
The Terms and Conditions for MyAlerts services can be found at https://www.psegliny.com/myalertstermsandconditions.