Considering an Electric Vehicle?
Is an EV Right for Me?
Before you buy, consider this.
Most people drive less than 40 miles a day. If that’s you, then almost any EV will meet your needs and require just ordinary house current for charging. But if your travels often take you beyond 40 miles a day, you may want a longer-range vehicle and possibly an upgraded charging system. Find a Car - listed by range
How far and how often do you drive?
The list is growing all the time. Find a Car - listed make and model.
See what incentives are available to you when you purchase an electric vehicle.
- Workplace Charging Rebate Program
- NYS Drive Clean Rebate for Plug-In Electric Cars Up to $2,000 for Each Eligible Buyer
- NYSERDA's discount page
- NYSERDA's electric vehicle calculator
- Residential Applications: Ordinary house current works just fine for most electric vehicles. But for those with larger battery packs and longer range, you may want to consider additional charging options.
- Commercial Applications: You may have employees who are considering purchasing a plug-in vehicle. Workplace charging provides great convenience for PEV owners, and in some cases is essential for commuters.
Studies & Reports