Smart Charge Rewards
Charge your electric vehicle, get cash back. It’s that simple.
Join PSEG Long Island Smart Charge Rewards program and get $0.05 per kWh cash back when you use your qualified* smart charger between the off peak hours of 11pm and 6am. You’ll see the cash add up every time you charge and in these challenging times, every penny counts.
How it Works
To participate, customers must have activated an eligible Smart Charger; Device must be recognized on the EVSE network. Qualified chargers include: ChargePoint Home, CPH-25 or ChargePoint Home Flex, CPH-50, Clipper Creek HCS40 (JuiceNet enabled), and JuiceBox 32 or JuiceBox 40. Every quarter PSEG Long Island will analyze the data from your charger*, calculate your cash back and send you a check (or issue a bill credit for rewards under $5).
- Program enrollments period ends December 31, 2021. Payouts will be made through December 31, 2022.
- Charger must be used at your PSEG Long Island service address.
- One enrollment bonus will be issued per account.
|January, February, March
|April, May, June||July|
|July, August, September||October|
|October, November, December||January|
How to Deliver Your Charging Data
PSEG Long Island uses the data from your charger -- including dates and times and total charging energy -- to calculate your Reward payouts. Here’s a quick guide to set up your charger on the network.
- Step 1: Download the ChargePoint App here .
- Step 2: Open the main menu, then click Account.
- Step 3: Click Connections.
- Step 4: Tap Browse Connections
- Step 5: Enter PSEG. Enter your address and 10 digit PSEG Long Island Account number and Submit Request. You’ll automatically receive an email from ChargePoint to confirm your enrollment
EnelX JuiceBox Customers
- First, download and connect to the Juicenet App. Please visit Juicebox for complete set up instructions
- Second, confirm your 28-digit JuiceBox Charger ID (printed on the label affixed to the device) at https://evcharging.enelx.com/pseglismartcharge.
Program TermsDownload the program terms and conditions.
Note to Tesla Drivers
Unfortunately, Tesla chargers are not eligible for Smart Charge Rewards. Chargers need to provide PSEG Long Island with charging data, specifically what times of day they charge, and how much energy is consumed for each charging session. The manufacturers (JuiceBox and Chargepoint etc.) collect and deliver this data (with driver permission), then PSEG Long Island analyzes the information to better understand the impact of electric vehicle charging on the electric grid. Because Tesla chargers do not currently deliver this data, they are ineligible for the program; however, the qualified devices selected for this program can be used with the Tesla adapter. For details contact Tesla or visit www.tesla.com.