$500 Smart Charger Rebate
Charge Faster and Save
THE SAVINGS CONTINUE IN 2021! Get a $500 rebate with the purchase of a Level 2 Smart Charger. It can take 10 to 12 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle with Level 1 charging, but you can charge your car three to four times faster by installing a 240-volt, Level 2 charger.
The Faster Charging Option
For vehicles with an electric drive range of 100 miles or more, or if you simply want a faster charge, a Level 2 charger may be right for you. A Level 2 charger typically adds between 12-20 miles of range per hour charged, and may take only 4 to 8 hours to fully obtain a full charge. Of course that depends on how depleted the battery is and whether it's a hybrid or all-electric vehicle. Level 2 charging equipment supplies 240V, like for an electric dryer or oven and installation may require a panel upgrade by a qualified electrician.
How to Qualify
PURCHASE and install one of the following qualified “network enabled” Electric Vehicle Charging devices:
- ChargePoint Home, CPH-25
- ChargePoint Home Flex, CPH-50
- Clipper Creek HCS40 (JuiceNet enabled)
- JuiceBox 32
- JuiceBox 40
SUBMIT your Smart Charger Rebate application online
ACTIVATE your qualified “network enabled” device* and provide the necessary network identifier (i.e. “Charger ID”).
One of the requirements for the PSEG Long Island Smart Charge Rebate and Rewards participants is your permission to access charging usage data, including start dates and times and total charging energy. This data helps PSEG Long Island manage the energy grid to maintain optimum. Here’s a quick guide to setting up your charger on the network.
- Step 1: Download the ChargePoint App here.
- Step 2: Open the main menu, then click Account.
- Step 3: Click Connections.
- Step 4: Tap Browse Connections
- Step 5: Enter PSEG. Enter your address and 10 digit PSEG Long Island Account number and Submit Request. You’ll automatically receive an email from ChargePoint to confirm your enrollment
EnelX JuiceBox Customers
- First, download and connect to the Juicenet App. Please visit Juicebox for complete set up instructions
- Second, confirm your 28-digit JuiceBox Charger ID (printed on the label affixed to the device) at https://evcharging.enelx.com/pseglismartcharge.
If you have any questions, please call the Energy Info line at 1-800-692-2626.
Note to Tesla Drivers
Unfortunately, Tesla chargers are not eligible for the Smart Charge Rebate. Chargers need to provide PSEG Long Island with charging data, specifically what times of day they charge, and how much energy is consumed for each charging session. The manufacturers (JuiceBox and Chargepoint etc.) collect and deliver this data (with driver permission), then PSEG Long Island analyzes the information to better understand the impact of electric vehicle charging on the electric grid. Because Tesla chargers do not currently deliver this data, they are ineligible for the program; however, the qualified devices selected for this program can be used with the Tesla adapter. For details contact Tesla or visit www.tesla.com.