PSEG Long Island: Storm Update—Aug. 23, 2019 4:30 p.m. ET
PSEG Long Island is working around the clock to quickly and safely restore power to all customers affected by last night’s damaging thunderstorm.
- As of 4 p.m., PSEG Long Island has restored service to more than 80 percent of the customers affected by the storm. We expect restoration efforts to progress as follows:
- More than 90 percent of customers restored by 10 p.m. tonight
- Other than a few small jobs with heavy damage, the remaining customers will be restored by 4 p.m. Saturday
- More than 1,000 personnel, including line workers and tree trimmers, are working to restore your power safely and as quickly as possible.
- Customers are urged to report their outage regardless of whether a neighbor did, as it helps crews more speedily assess damage.
- As crews continue to assess and repair the damage, estimated restoration times will be refined.
- Electric service crews will continue to work through the night to respond to outages safely and as quickly as possible. PSEG Long Island understands the inconvenience caused by a power outage and appreciates its customers’ patience.
For customers affected,
- PSEG Long Island has set up its mobile command unit as a community outreach center offering ice, water and snacks, device charging and air conditioning to cool off.
- The center is located in the municipal parking lot located on the northeast corner of Little East Neck Road at 7th Avenue in Babylon (across from the CVS)
- Additionally, the following customer office is open until 8:00 p.m. for device charging and cooling.
- PSEG Long Island - Lindenhurst - 42 Sunrise Hwy East (North side of the street, east of Wellwood Ave.)
- Storm liaisons have been deployed to the hardest hit areas where they are bringing water and snacks to customers.Information about PSEG Long Island’s restoration process is available at https://www.psegliny.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety/afterastorm .
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com. You can also report an outage through the PSEG Long Island skill on the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/