PSEG Long Island: Storm Update -- April 14, 2020 4:30 p.m.
(UNIONDALE, N.Y. – April 14, 2020) Working 16-hour shifts, PSEG Long Island crews have made significant progress restoring customers impacted by the strong winds and hazardous gusts. As of 4:30 p.m., 98% of customers affected have been restored.
- We expect to restore the majority of outages that occurred prior to 7 p.m. Monday by midnight and virtually all of the remaining storm-related jobs by morning.
- PSEG Long Island is reporting 787 of its customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are currently without service. This number includes customers that reported an outage overnight and today.
- Crews worked in dangerous wind conditions to assess damage and make repairs. The winds have subsided, however additional outages may occur.
- PSEG Long Island has additional personnel, including tree and line crews, to repair damage and restore outages.
- Crews work to restore critical facilities and outages affecting the largest numbers of customers first. Information about PSEG Long Island’s restoration process is available at https://www.psegliny.com/outages/restorationprocess.
- Our goal, always, is to restore power safely and as quickly as possible. We ask our customers for a fair amount of patience and to know we will be there just as soon as it is safe.
- The safety of PSEG Long Island’s customers and employees is the company’s top priority. We ask that customers remain in their homes while crews are working nearby. If customers must speak with our crews, we ask that they practice responsible “social distancing” and remain at least 6 feet away to ensure the health of everyone involved. For more information about how PSEG Long Island continues to live up to its commitments during the pandemic, please visit http://www.psegliny.com/covid19.
- Download the new PSEG Long Island mobile app to report an outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- To report and receive status updates via text, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or visit us online at www.psegliny.com/outages
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075 or use our web chat feature at www.psegliny.com
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways online at https://mypowermap.psegliny.com
# # #
PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.