PSEG Long Island Is Ready for the Windy Weather
(UNIONDALE, N.Y. – Feb. 7, 2020) – PSEG Long Island is prepared for the strong winds forecasted for the service area today. The arriving storm is expected to bring light rain and peak wind gusts as high as 65 mph, which could cause outages.
“We are closely monitoring this weather system and our crews are ready to respond safely and as quickly as possible to any service interruptions,” said John O’Connell, vice president of transmission & distribution at PSEG Long Island. “The gusty winds pose a risk to trees, particularly when the ground is saturated after several days of rain, and falling trees can bring down wires.”
PSEG Long Island has been working nonstop for the past six years to make the electric infrastructure more resilient to extreme weather. From storm hardening upgrades to ongoing enhanced tree maintenance, the company’s proactive work allows the system to better withstand extreme weather.
- Download the new PSEG Long Island mobile app to report an outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- To report and receive status updates via text, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or visit us online at www.psegliny.com/outages
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways online at https://mypowermap.psegliny.com
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.