PSEG Long Island: Storm Update—July 23, 2019 4:30 p.m. ET
(Uniondale, NY – July 23, 2019) - As of 4:30 p.m., the utility has restored 27,683 customers affected by yesterday’s significant storm—handling more than 98 percent of the total outages in less than 24 hours.
- The company expects the remaining customers that were affected by the thunderstorm to be restored by midnight.
- A fast-moving and powerful thunderstorm impacted Long Island and the Rockaways Monday evening. It brought heavy rain and lightning, causing tree branches and wires to come down across the service area.
- Crews worked through the night and continued to work 16-hour shifts to assess damage and make repairs.
- PSEG Long Island now has more than 800 tree and line restoration personnel onsite to address outages.
- Crews work to restore critical facilities and outages affecting the largest numbers of customers first.
- Information about PSEG Long Island’s restoration process is available at https://www.psegliny.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety/afterastorm
- Our goal, always, is to restore power safely and as quickly as possible. We thank our customers for their patience during this significant event.
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after any major weather event
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
# # #
PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.