PSEG Long Island: Storm Update—July 23, 2019 11:30 a.m. ET
(Uniondale, NY – July 23, 2019) - As of 11:30 a.m., the utility has restored service to more than 25,100 customers impacted by yesterday’s significant storm.
- PSEG Long Island is reporting approximately 2,924 of its 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are currently without service.
- The utility expects to have the majority of customers restored by later today.
- A fast-moving and powerful thunderstorm impacted Long Island and the Rockaways Monday evening. It brought heavy rain and lightning, causing tree branches and wires to come down across the service area.
- Crews worked through the night and will continue to work 16-hour shifts to assess damage and make repairs. As we continue to assess the damage, estimated restoration times will be refined.
- PSEG Long Island now has more than 800 tree and line restoration personnel onsite to address outages.
- Crews work to restore critical facilities and outages affecting the largest numbers of customers first.
- Information about PSEG Long Island’s restoration process is available at https://www.psegliny.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety/afterastorm
- Our goal, always, is to restore power safely and as quickly as possible. We ask our customers for a fair amount of patience and to know we will be there just as soon as possible.
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after any major weather event
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
# # #
PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.