PSEG Long Island: Storm Update—July 3, 2019 12:00 p.m. ET
(Uniondale, NY – July 3, 2019) — As the storm recovery is completed, PSEG Long Island’s temporary outreach centers at PSEG Long Island offices in Brentwood and Greenlawn, and the Mayfair Shopping Center in Commack will begin to close at 12 p.m.
- Customer offices in Brentwood, Greenlawn, Hewlett, Melville and Riverhead are open for business as usual and will remain open until 5 p.m.
Within 48 hours, PSEG Long Island restored service to nearly 100 percent of its customers affected by Sunday’s sudden storm.
- The online Outage Map continues to update with new outages that are unrelated to the storm. The Outage Map statistics will continue to diverge from the number of customers affected by the storm, which PSEG Long Island tracks separately.
- Our crews will continue to work nonstop until all of our customers have power. The company’s goal always is to restore power safely and as quickly as possible. We know being without electricity for any length of time is a hardship and we thank our customers for their patience as we work through this extreme damage and difficult conditions to restore power.
- PSEG Long Island thanks the 550 crews from PSE&G in New Jersey, National Grid, Con Edison, Central Hudson, Utica, Buffalo, NYSEG and the Long Island contractors who assisted our crews in restoring our customers quickly and safely.
- By the end of the storm restoration, vegetation management personnel and tree trim crews will have removed a total of 850 trees associated with the storm.
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/ .
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.