Terms & Conditions
PSEG is concerned about your privacy and is committed to providing a secure online environment. As a visitor you need not register or give any personal identification to use this site. Last revision and effective date: December 20, 2022
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Customer Information
- Use of Statistical Information
- Surveys & Contests
- Opt Out
- External Sites
- How to Access and Update Your Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
- My Smart Energy Portal - Connect Others
- Voice Assistants
Accessible Use Policy
You agree not to:
- Use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that (i)infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; (ii) is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, (iii) promotes extreme violence or cruelty to animals, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or (iv) discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information;
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another person;
- Spam or use the Services to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, website, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content on the Site or through the Services that:
- Violates any federal, state or local law;
- Is harmful, abusive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or other rights, or harms or could harm minors in any way;
- Harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- Is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes "bait and switch" offer;
- Constitutes or contains "pyramid schemes," "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or unsolicited advertisements of a commercial nature;
- Includes links to commercial services or third party websites, except as specifically allowed by PSEG;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Services, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Services; or
- Employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Services.
You further agree not to:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- Make any libelous or defamatory comments or postings to or against anyone;
- Collect personal information about other users or entities for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Use any deep link to the Site or any portion thereof; or
- Use any automated device or software that enables the submission of automatic postings on PSEG without human intervention or authorship (an "automated posting device"), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device in connection with bulk postings, or for automatic submission of postings at certain times or intervals.
Any attempt (whether or not successful) to engage in, or to enable, induce, encourage, cause or assist anyone else to engage in, any unauthorized or prohibited activities is also expressly prohibited and is a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy.
In addition if you are an employee of PSEG or otherwise subject to the PSEG Standards of Conduct, you agree not to use the Site or Services in any manner that would constitute a violation of the Standards of Conduct, or any PSEG policy, practice or similar provision applicable to you.
If you believe that any Content or activities on the Site or the Services violates this Acceptable Use Policy, please let us know by submitting a message here: email@example.com. We reserve the right to take or refrain from taking any and all steps available to us once we receive any such message.
At PSEG Long Island, our goal is to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit PSEG Long Island on the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times now or in the future, however, when we may need information from you to provide the Services, such as your name, e-mail address, home address, bank account information and/or credit card information. Your information may be collected and/or processed directly by PSEG Long Island or indirectly through our third-party service providers (“Providers”).
We use the information gathered from the forms you fill out on the Site or through the Services for the purpose it was provided, generally in one of four ways:
- To provide you with information about products, services, news and events;
- To allow you to use and/or purchase Services including certain products that we may offer from time to time;
- To allow you to pay your PSEG Long Island bills online, Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers or other methods that we may offer from time to time; and
- To gather broad, aggregated demographic information about user trends.
We will only collect personal information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve PSEG Long Island’s business purposes.
We use commonly available security techniques to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of information under our control. Your personally identifiable information (such as an account number or credit card information), is protected from unauthorized access using commercially reasonable measures. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee security. Remember that we have no control over transmittals or transactions that do not occur on PSEG Long Island systems or networks, including transmittals to and from the Site over the Internet including via e-mail. All forms on our Site are totally voluntary. If you do not feel comfortable submitting information over the Internet, please call a customer service representative at 1-800-490-0025.
Your account on the Site or any separate account that may be created to access the Services is also protected by a Log-In, Password and Unique Identifiers (your “Credentials”) which you create. You should not disclose your Credentials to anyone and you should always remember to log off the Site or the Services when finished, especially if using a shared computer. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Credentials, and for any use of your Credentials, whether or not you have authorized such use.
You acknowledge and agree that we assume no liability regarding theft, loss, alteration, or misuse of information, including, without limitation, such information that has been provided to third parties or other users, or with regard to the failure of a third party to abide by the agreement between us and such third party.
PSEG Long Island will not disclose any of your personal information without your consent, except in the following situations:
- To help establish programs in which municipalities buy energy on behalf of their residents;
- To initiate, render, bill and collect for electric services;
- In connection with the administration of a Department of Public Services approved energy efficiency or renewable energy (such as solar energy) program;
- To protect consumers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful behavior, or to protect PSEG Long Island’s rights or property;
- In the event of a corporate, business, or asset sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your information may be included in the transferred assets;
- In connection with surveys and contests (see below);
- To send you information regarding PSEG Long Island and our products and services, and promotional materials from some of our Providers;
- In connection with any non-encrypted data you provided to the Site or in connection with the Services, this non-encrypted data may be monitored and information may be disclosed to the U.S. Government to protect PSEG Long Island’s network from unauthorized usage or penetration; and
- If required to do so by law, such as in response to court orders and legal process.
When we engage a Provider to perform a business function, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their obligations, and access to customer data is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities.
Use of Statistical Information
PSEG Long Island may anonymize and aggregate your personal information and provide it to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, in response to a government request, or to other third parties for lawful purposes.
PSEG Long Island servers also automatically gather non-personal information about our users including, but not limited to, the websites our customers visit on the Internet, pages visited within a PSEG Long Island Site, IP address, browser type and language, number of links you click while on the applicable site, search terms, operating system, website traffic, keywords and/or other data. PSEG Long Island may use this information for PSEG Long Island’s business purposes and may disclose such information to Providers performing services for us.
Surveys & Contests
PSEG Long Island may ask for information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used by PSEG Long Island and Providers to administer the survey and/or contest, to notify the winners, and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site and the Services. We may use contact data from our contests to send users information about PSEG Long Island and promotional material from some of our third-party business partners. Users may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
PSEG Long Island: PSEG Long Island may send users legally required notifications and certain other communications including, but not limited to, service-related notices, or transactional matters related to the Services and/or your account. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Site. In order to opt-out of receiving these notices, you may need to deactivate your account.
PSEG Long Island offers you control over your privacy preferences regarding direct marketing and promotional communications (via e-mail, by mail, or by telephone). You may update these preferences at any time. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
- You may opt out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications (via e-mail, by mail, or by telephone) from PSEG Long Island by contacting customer service at 1-800-490-0025. If you opt-out, PSEG Long Island will not contact you directly with marketing messages about PSEG Long Island services and/or products.
- When you receive a promotional e-mail from PSEG Long Island, it will contain a link that allows you to unsubscribe. If you decide to use this opt-out link, you will no longer receive promotional e-mail, but you will continue to receive non-promotional e-mails and direct mail from us, such as order confirmations.
Third Parties: PSEG Long Island also offers you control over your privacy preferences regarding direct marketing and promotional communications (via e-mail, by mail or by telephone). If you wish to opt-out of PSEG Long Island sharing your personal information with third parties for their own and third-party direct marketing purposes (via e-mail, by mail or by telephone), please contact customer service at 1-800-490-0025.
How to Access and Update Your Personal Information
You can keep your Personal Information accurate, complete, and up to date by visiting www.psegliny.com and accessing your account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
How to Contact Us
This Disclaimer applies to Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates. References to PSEG are deemed to include each such subsidiary and affiliate.
The statements contained on this Site that are not purely historical are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Such statements are based on management’s beliefs as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to management. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in any forward-looking statements made by us herein are discussed in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent reports on Form 10-Q and Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and available on this website: http://investor.pseg.com. All of the forward-looking statements made on this Site are qualified by these cautionary statements and we cannot assure you that the results or developments anticipated by management will be realized or even if realized, will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, us or our business, prospects, financial condition, results of operations or cash flows. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements in making any investment decision. Forward-looking statements made on this Site apply only as of the date they are made. While we may elect to update forward-looking statements from time to time, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so, even in light of new information or future events, unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information presented on this Site is accurate, PSEG assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions, or out-of-date information and shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages resulting from the availability of, use of, access of, or inability to use this information.
Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Site is strictly prohibited.
PSEG reserves all legal rights and remedies available to it with respect to this Site. This Disclaimer shall in no way be deemed a limitation on or waiver of any other rights PSEG may have.
The Terms and Conditions for MyAlerts services can be found here.
PSEG Long Island Voice Assistants
The Terms and Conditions for PSEG Long Island Skill on Amazon’s Alexa Service and Action on Google’s Assistant can be found here.
My Smart Energy Portal - Connect Other Users
The Terms and Conditions for Connect Other Users can be found here.