PSEG Long Island continues to operate, providing safe and reliable electricity to more than its 1.1 million customers. PSEG Long Island, like many companies, has robust business continuity plans and emergency procedures that predate the COVID-19 outbreak. Over the past several weeks, we have been implementing those plans. In addition, we are leveraging the guidance of the CDC, state and local authorities. To that end, in an effort to help minimize the exposure of COVID-19 for our employees, customers and the community while continuing to provide safe and reliable electricity, we are implementing a number of operational changes.
The following are ways in which we are adjusting our operations in response to the COVID-19 situation:
- PSEG Long Island is temporarily closing its customer service centers. The centers will be closed as of end of business on Tuesday, March 17. Our employees are available to provide the same excellent level of customer service through alternate means. Customers can engage with us via phone, text, chat, web, our mobile app and Amazon Alexa. The customer service phone line is 800-490-0025.
- PSEG Long Island has temporarily suspended non-critical repair work on service meters and metering equipment that requires us to enter a customer’s home or business.
- PSEG Long Island has suspended shut-offs of electric service to residential customers for non-payment. This will give customers experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the outbreak additional time to pay their bills. For more information, visit www.psegliny.com/myaccount. In keeping with this effort to minimize the financial difficulties of its customers during the outbreak, PSEG Long Island is also waiving new late payment fees until further notice.
Online Tools and Resources
- Log into My Account
- Download the free PSEG Long Island mobile app
- Register for MyAlerts for text and email updates
- Enable our PSEG Long Island Alexa skill and link your account
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
During times of hardship, financial assistance and payment programs are available to help you pay your energy bills. For more information, visit www.psegliny.com/myaccount/customersupport/financialassistance
In addition to the measures stated above, we are also:
- Practicing the CDC’s social distancing guidelines: During interactions with customers in their homes or businesses, PSEG Long Island is practicing social distancing; and, depending on the situation, PSEG Long Island may determine that additional personal protective equipment (PPE) protocol is warranted for the health and safety of our workers and the customers.
- Directing all employees who can work remotely to do so, including the majority of our customer service representatives. This is in effect for the next two weeks, at which time we will reassess and determine next steps.
The majority of these policies will be in place through the end of April, at which time PSEG Long Island will evaluate the continued need for these measures. Our priority remains the safety and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities we serve, and our thoughts are with those experiencing difficulty at this time.
For the latest information on the COVID-19, you can follow updates from the CDC and state agencies at the following links: