Massapequa Conversion and Reinforcement
PSEG Long Island will be upgrading the electric distribution infrastructure to improve reliability in your area. The upgraded overhead primary wires and poles will help ensure that we can provide safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
Crews working on the infrastructure will:
- Inspect the system to ensure compliance with the most current standards
- Upgrade equipment to improve reliability
- Replace approximately 52 wood poles with wood poles of similar height
- Replace overhead primary wire with a stronger, more resilient wire
Crews will begin work in October 2019.
Crews will replace poles along the following streets:
- Central Avenue between Clark Avenue and Jerusalem Avenue
- Jerusalem Avenue between Flower Road and North Broadway
- North Central Avenue between Jerusalem and North Chestnut Street
- Broadway between Clark Avenue and Jerusalem Avenue
- Baltimore Avenue between Franklin Avenue and Central Avenue
- Franklin Avenue between Baltimore Avenue and Boston Avenue
For the latest information regarding project work, please visit the MyPower Map.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see the questions below.
- What are the work hours?
Crews are expected to work Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Will there be tree trimming?
Trees growing near power lines significantly increase the chance of power outages and pose safety risks. As we expand and improve our electric circuits, we will trim trees, where necessary, following our utility best practice model (ANSI A300 standards as well as the Best Management Practices Tree Pruning publication): 8 feet to each side; 12 feet above; and 10 feet below the line.
- Will there be any power outages?
In the event that a brief outage is required, all affected customers will be notified in advance.
- Will there be any traffic interruptions?
There may be traffic and parking disruptions while the work is performed along the project route. To ensure traffic moves safely, PSEG Long Island will provide cones, flaggers and signage at the work sites, as needed. Local officials will be notified in advance regarding any traffic concerns.
- Whom can I contact for more information?
Customers with questions about the project can contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025.
As always, customer and employee safety is our primary concern. Please be cautious when travelling near our construction work zones.
Posted date: October 2, 2019