Filing a Claim
PSEG Long Island operates the electric transmission and distribution system and serves as the claims agent on behalf of the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA). Please note that while our Company, like all other utilities, endeavors to provide safe, reliable and resilient service, we cannot guarantee continuity of service in accordance with LIPA’s Tariff for Electric Service. Therefore, our Company will not be liable for losses or damages caused by certain occurrences which are beyond our control.
Before you start the process, here are a few common causes of claims for which we ARE NOT liable:
- Weather-related conditions (e.g., ice, wind, lightning)
- Unanticipated utility equipment failure
- Damage to PSEG Long Island equipment
- Unforeseen accidents
- Food spoilage from any outage beyond our control
How to File a Claim
If you believe your losses or damages occurred as a result of some other reason for which PSEG Long Island is responsible:
- Collect proof of loss (e.g., photos, invoices, repair bills, estimates)
- Please complete our claim form
- Email claim form and proof of loss to PSEGLongIslandClaims@pseg.com; fax to 516-949-8461; or mail to:
PSEG Long Island LLC
175 E. Old Country Road, Room 1-01
Hicksville, NY 11801
Please remember that completing the claim form is not a guarantee of payment.
Upon receipt of the completed claim form and proofs of loss, your claim will be assigned to a Claims Specialist, who will investigate your claim and determine if there is any liability on the part of PSEG Long Island. When the investigation is completed, you will be contacted and advised as to the company’s position regarding your claim.
If you have any questions, please call the PSEG Long Island Claims Department in Nassau County (516) 949-8668 or in Suffolk County (516) 949-8669.