Critical Care Program
If you or a family member relies on life-support equipment that requires electricity, join our Critical Care Program by providing us with a medical certificate from your doctor, local Board of Health, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant.
When there is severe weather, we will stay in touch with you. If you lose power, every effort will be made to restore it as soon as possiblw. However, Critical Care does not guarantee priority restoration of service and there may be circumstances when timely restoration is difficult, particularly in the case of a severe storm.
It is important that you develop a plan now because it is your responsibility to ensure that medical needs are taken care of in the event of a power outage.
To make sure you or a loved one receives special attention
Please let us know about life-support equipment by calling 1-800-490-0025
- File a medical certificate with us from a doctor or the local Board of Health
- We will note your account and tag your meter as “Critical Care.”
- When we anticipate a severe storm, we will call you so that you can make advanced preparations.
Devices which meet the medical criteria for life-support equipment
- Apnea Monitor
- Curraise Respirator
- Positive Pressure Respirator
- Suction Machine
- IV Feeding Machine
- Tank Type Respirator
- Hemodialysis Machine
- Rocking Bed Respirator
- Oxygen Concentrator
- IV Medical Infusion Machine
- Additional devices may qualify as life-support equipment if certified by a physician.