2017 Specifications & Requirements for Electric Installations
The Specifications and Requirements for Electric Installations, “The Red Book," is a document that is intended to be utilized by the Electrical Contractor community as a reference for the installation of electric service to our customers. The Red Book is a collection of information and specifications, which provide a general guideline to the Electrical Contractor and assures that any work performed involving the electrical distribution system is completed in a safe and reliable manner.
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Definitions
- Chapter 3: General Information and Requirements
- Chapter 4: Service Connections
- Chapter 5: Service Equipment
- Chapter 6: Service at 480Y/277 Volts
- Chapter 7: Grounding
- Chapter 8: Revenue Metering
- Chapter 9: Motors and Controllers
- Chapter 10: Special Provisions/Special Equipment
- Chapter 11: General Drawings and Standards
- Chapter 12: Zoned Underground and Secondary Network Areas Registration Card
It should be noted that this document is not a complete set of rules governing the installation of electrical wiring and equipment. It simply presents our general rules for working with the electric distribution system. Our representatives are always available to resolve any questions that may arise involving this type of work.