East Rockaway Atlantic Avenue Mill River Bridge
A Reliability Project
This project was completed in November 2015.
Project Description and Benefits
PSEG Long Island reinforced and protected a section of transmission cable running beneath the Mill River Bridge that provides electric service for thousands of customers throughout Nassau and Far Rockaway.
Work took place on Atlantic Avenue in the Village of East Rockaway. Crews were working at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Atlantic Avenue and along Atlantic Avenue over the Mill River Bridge.
Construction began in September 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What were the work hours?
Crews worked daily, including weekends, from approximately 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Did the project include new poles or pole replacements?
- Did the project include tree trimming?
- Were there any traffic interruptions?
There were lane closures in both directions on Atlantic Avenue. To ensure traffic moved safely, PSEG Long Island provided cones, flagmen and signage at the work sites.
- Were there any power outages?
- Did you have permission to do this work?
Yes. PSEG Long Island secured the proper local permits.
- Whom can I contact for more information?
Customers with questions about the project can contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025.