Prepared for Possible Thunderstorms
PSEG Long Island has social distancing plans in place to work safely and provide excellent service
(UNIONDALE, N.Y. – June 26, 2020) – PSEG Long Island is prepared for storms that may pop up this afternoon and for the thunderstorms and wind forecasted for the service area tomorrow. Heavy rain, lightening, and gusty winds may cause tree limbs to break and pull down wires, causing outages.
“We have been closely monitoring this weather system and are once again ready with a full complement of personnel to respond safely and as quickly as possible to any service interruptions. We know that reliable electric service is more important than ever for our customers,” said John O’Connell, PSEG Long Island’s vice president of Transmission and Distribution Operations.
“During the COVID-19 pandemic, PSEG Long Island remains committed to providing safe, reliable electric service, strong storm response and excellent customer service,” O’Connell said. “We have adapted our storm procedures to follow public health best practices and accommodate for other potential industrywide changes. As our personnel operate under these unusual circumstances to safely restore power as quickly as possible, we thank our customers for their patience and understanding.”
The safety of PSEG Long Island’s customers and employees is the company’s top priority. We ask that customers remain in their homes while crews are working nearby. If customers must speak with our crews, we ask that they practice responsible “social distancing” and remain at least 6 feet away to ensure the health of everyone involved. For more information about how PSEG Long Island continues to live up to its commitments during the pandemic, please visit www.psegliny.com/covid19.
- Download the new PSEG Long Island mobile app to report an outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more.
- To report and receive status updates via text, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or visit us online at www.psegliny.com/outages
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075 or use our web chat feature at www.psegliny.com
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways online at https://mypowermap.psegliny.com
# # #
PSEG Long Island
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a long-term contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company.