Commercial Service Request
Sales tax will be added to your bill unless a sales tax exemption certificate is provided. If you are a religious entity a valid tax exemption certificate from NYS will be required. If you have an existing account with PSEG Long Island in the same exact name, certificate is not required.
Please read the Contractor Agreement to proceed:
By submitting an application for PSEG LONG ISLAND service through this site, you hereby agree to and accept the following terms and conditions:
1. As the Applicant, or an authorized agent of Applicant, by making a submission through this site, you hereby certify that all information contained in the request for service is accurate and complete. In the event that any submitted information changes or you learn that previously submitted information contains an error, you shall immediately supplement your submission with the updated and/or corrected information.
2. PSEG LONG ISLAND reserves the right to question and validate the information contained in your submission and request such additional information as determined by PSEG LONG ISLAND.
3. PSEG LONG ISLAND shall ultimately determine the anticipated load of the service to be provided as well as the distribution methods, equipment and plant facilities used in connection with providing such service, in order to ensure safe, proper and adequate service based upon PSEG LONG ISLAND's design standards and reliability criteria.
4. Submission of an application for service does not guarantee that PSEG LONG ISLAND will provide the requested service. PSEG LONG ISLAND shall make the final service determination in accordance with the requirements, terms and conditions of the Tariffs and will communicate the result of such determination to Applicant.
5. The individual or entity submitting an application through this site is the Applicant of record and shall identify to PSEG LONG ISLAND the ultimate customer who shall receive the requested service. Applicant shall provide PSEG LONG ISLAND with such records and documents as may be requested by PSEG LONG ISLAND to verify the identity of the ultimate customer.
6. If the Applicant is acting as agent of the customer who shall receive the service, upon PSEG LONG ISLAND’s request, Applicant shall provide written documentation from the customer authorizing Applicant to act as the customer's agent in connection with the application for service.
7. Applicant, on behalf of itself and the customer who shall receive the service, agrees and acknowledges that PSEG LONG ISLAND may require an upfront contribution or deposit as a condition of supplying service. PSEG LONG ISLAND shall provide Applicant the details regarding any such contribution or deposit requirement following PSEG LONG ISLAND’s review of Applicant's submission.
8. The timing of PSEG LONG ISLAND's provision of service to customer will be determined by PSEG LONG ISLAND taking into account the availability of PSEG LONG ISLAND’s personnel, service requests from other customers, PSEG LONG ISLAND’s receipt of all items requested by Applicant, the issuance of all necessary permits and approvals, PSEG LONG ISLAND’s safe access to the premises, weather conditions, and other circumstances or events beyond PSEG LONG ISLAND’s reasonable control.
9. PSEG LONG ISLAND shall have reasonable and safe access to the customer's premises for the purposes of inspecting the premises incidental to the rendering of service, reading meters or inspecting, testing, or repairing PSEG LONG ISLAND 's facilities and equipment used in connection with supplying service to customer, and removing PSEG LONG ISLAND 's property from customer’s premises. The Applicant (or customer) may be responsible for paying PSEG Long Island for costs incurred by PSEG LONG ISLAND in connection with providing the service according to the tariff.”
10. All capitalized terms that are not defined in these terms and conditions shall have the meanings ascribed to them in PSEG LONG ISLAND’s Electric Tariffs https://www.psegliny.com/aboutpseglongisland/ratesandtariffs
In the event of a conflict between the provisions of these terms and conditions and the provisions contained in the Tariffs, the provisions contained in the Tariffs shall control.
Account and property information
The above referenced corporation/business is duly organized and existing under the laws of New York State
Electric connection type*
In order to provide bills based on actual readings, we must have access to your meter. When access cannot be obtained for a specified period, you or the person controlling access to the meter will be subject to non-access charges and possible termination of service as specified in the tarrif. If you do not control access to your meter, please fill in this section.
Who controls access to your meter ?
Religious institutions, veterans organizations and qualified community residences may choose service under an appropriate residential or non-residential service classification, subject to a minimum term of one year. Proper supporting documentation must be submitted with this application
It is important to answer the following questions accurately. PSEG Long Island will help you choose the service classification which is most appropriate for your current needs, based on the information you provide. There are eligibility requirements for each service classification and you may qualify for more than one and one service classification may be more beneficial than another. The cost of electric service may vary depending on the service classification. In classifying your service, we may rely on the information that you provide us. If service information you provide is inaccurate or incomplete, you may be subject to back billing or may be precluded from receiving a refund for overcharges from the resulting incorrect billing. If your use of service or equipment changes in the future, you must notify PSEG Long Island, so that you may be properly billed. Questions about service classification may be discussed with our customer representatives. The tariff for electric service, which is on file in every Customer Service Center and online at www.psegliny.com, describes each service classification in detail.
Estimated Monthly Electric Demand*
Do you have a permanently installed electric space heating ?*
We need to understand the load of electricity at your address in order to provide the right type of service. Electrical load information be found on equipment. For further details, please contact an electrician or call PSEG Long Island Building and Renovation Services.
There may be cost associated with this request. You will be notified by a PSEG Long Island representative regarding payment.
Service Initiation Charges
- Turn on, New Set, Pole cut- $220.00
- Change name- $60
- Landlord-Change Name - Vacant- N/a (Charge will not be applied to an account transferred to a landlord for the vacant time period between tenant occupancy if power has not been disconnected.)
There may be fees associated with your request. Once your request is submitted, a representative will review your request, determine if a fee is required and reach out to you via e-mail. Unfortunately we do not accept credit cards as a form of payment. All payments of more than $1,000 and all deposits must be made by bank check or money order.
Please provide the contact information for the recipient of the monthly electric utility bill.
Please review the information you provided below to ensure accuracy.
Have a question?
Call Building and Renovation Services Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM at 1-844-341-6378 .
D/B/A (Doing Business As)
Tax ID Number:
Link to the existing summary account number provided below
Account & Property Information
Have you had do you currently have a non residential account?
Do you have current or former non residential account?
The property address for this project is:
If this is active account, do you want the service shut off?
Date to Shut off the service:
The property address for this project is:
Nearest Cross Street
Is there electric service to the location / space now?
Start date of existing electric service
Do you own or rent?
Principal officers, Partners or owners of Business
What type of construction is this?
Total number of meter installed
Electric Connection Type
Are you builder?
Comments & special consideration:
The landlord's address
Who control access to your meter?
Premises used for:
Number of apartments
Is the premises owned or operated by a religious institution where the electricity is used predominantly for religious Purpose?
Will the premises used as Veterans Organization or community residence for mentally ill, operated by a not-for-profit, without staff on-premises 24 hours a day?
Estimated Monthly Electric Demand:
Expected date of service:
Do you have permanently installed electric space heating?
Size of premises:
Size of service:
Load Information for this project:
Total Electric load is kWs
Billing Information & Contact Information
Customer commitment / Signature / Customer Certification
Who will be invoiced for the project cost:
Project cost will be invoiced to:
Who receives the monthly PSEG Long Island utility bill?
PSEG Long Island monthly utility bills will be send to:
The following documents have been uploaded
Your application has been submitted
Thank you! Your application has been submitted successfully and will begin processing shortly.
Thank you for contacting PSEG Long Island's Building and Renovation Services. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your request along with your case number. If you have any questions or concerns
Please contact us at 1-844-341-6378
(7:30AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday).