Smart Charger Rebate
Charge Faster and Save
It can take 10 to 12 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle with Level 1 charging, but you can charge your car three to four times faster by installing a 240-volt, Level 2 charger. Plus get a rebate of $500 with the Smart Charger Rebate.
The Faster Charging Option
For vehicles with an electric drive range of 100 miles or more, or if you simply want a faster charge, a Level 2 charger may be right for you. A Level 2 charger typically adds between 12-20 miles of range per hour charged, and may take only 4 to 8 hours to fully obtain a full charge. Of course that depends on how depleted the battery is and whether it's a hybrid or all-electric vehicle. Level 2 charging equipment supplies 240V, like for an electric dryer or oven and installation may require a panel upgrade by a qualified electrician.
How to Qualify
- PURCHASE and install one of the following qualified “network enabled” Electric Vehicle Charging devices:
- ChargePoint Home, CPH-25
- ChargePoint Home Flex, CPH-50
- Clipper Creek HCS40 (JuiceNet enabled)
- JuiceBox 32
- JuiceBox 40
- ACTIVATE your qualified “network enabled” device* and provide the necessary network identifier (i.e. “Charger ID”)
- SUBMIT your Smart Charger Rebate application online
Charger Set Up
One of the requirements for the PSEG Long Island Smart Charge Rebate and Rewards participants is your permission to access charging usage data, including start dates and times and total charging energy. This data helps PSEG Long Island manage the energy grid to maintain optimum. Here’s a quick guide to setting up your charger on the network.
If you have any questions, please call the Energy Info line at 1-800-692-2626.