$500 Smart Charger Rebate
Charge Faster and Save
PROGRAM RENEWED FOR 2020! Get a $500 rebate with the purchase of a Level 2 Smart Charger. It can take 10 to 12 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle with Level 1 charging, but you can charge your car three to four times faster by installing a 240-volt, Level 2 charger.
The Faster Charging Option
- For vehicles with an electric drive range of 100 miles or more, or you simply want a faster charge
- 4 to 8 hours to fully charge a vehicle, depending on how depleted the battery is and whether it's a hybrid or fully electric vehicle
- Typically adds between 12-20 miles of range per hour charged
- Supplies 240V, like for an electric dryer or oven
- May require a panel upgrade by a qualified electrician
- Requires Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) and permits
How to Qualify
- PURCHASE and install one of the following qualified “network enabled” Electric Vehicle Charging devices:
- ACTIVATE your qualified “network enabled” device* and provide the necessary network identifier (i.e. “Charger ID”)
- PERMIT PSEG Long Island (the utility) to capture your usage related data. The utility agrees to protect the confidentiality of personal information.
- You must be a PSEG Long Island residential customer.
- Account service address and installation address on receipt must match to receive this rebate.
- There is a limit of one rebate per year, per residential account. You must purchase your Electric Vehicle Charging equipment between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
- The rebate application must be sent in within 45 days of purchase but postmarked no later than December 31, 2020.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of the rebate check.
- PSEG Long Island is not responsible for any tax liability imposed as a result of rebate payments.
- PSEG Long Island is not responsible for lost or undeliverable mail or email.
- PSEG Long Island reserves the right to use the customer rebate to credit accounts in arrears.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment model must be on the qualified list provided.
- PSEG LONG ISLAND, LONG ISLAND LIGHTING COMPANY D/B/A LIPA, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES AND OTHER AFFILIATES, MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EITHER IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
If you have any questions, please call the Energy Info line at 1-800-692-2626.
* Charging devices are compatible with Tesla electric vehicles when used with an adapter. For more information, contact Tesla or visit https://www.tesla.com for details.