$500 Smart Charger Rebate
Charge Faster and Save
PROGRAM RENEWED FOR 2020! Get a $500 rebate with the purchase of a Level 2 Smart Charger. It can take 10 to 12 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle with Level 1 charging, but you can charge your car three to four times faster by installing a 240-volt, Level 2 charger.
The Faster Charging Option
For vehicles with an electric drive range of 100 miles or more, or if you simply want a faster charge, a Level 2 charger may be right for you. A Level 2 charger typically adds between 12-20 miles of range per hour charged, and may take only 4 to 8 hours to fully obtain a full charge. Of course that depends on how depleted the battery is and whether it's a hybrid or all-electric vehicle. Level 2 charging equipment supplies 240V, like for an electric dryer or oven and installation may require a panel upgrade by a qualified electrician.
How to Qualify
- PURCHASE and install one of the following qualified “network enabled” Electric Vehicle Charging devices:
- ChargePoint Home, CPH-25
- ChargePoint Home Flex, CPH-50
- Clipper Creek HCS40 (JuiceNet enabled)
- JuiceBox 32
- JuiceBox 40
- ACTIVATE your qualified “network enabled” device* and provide the necessary network identifier (i.e. “Charger ID”)
- SUBMIT your Smart Charger Rebate application online
If you have any questions, please call the Energy Info line at 1-800-692-2626.