Use the earth as a heat source to provide heating, cooling and hot water for homes.
New – installation of new geothermal system | Retrofit – replacement of heat pump for an existing geothermal system.
Rebate Qualification & Details
Have a question? Call the Energy Efficiency Infoline at 1-800-692-2626.
Our rebate is based on the unit’s Energy Efficiency Ratio [EER] rating. Geothermal units must be independently verified through the current Air Conditioning and Refrigeration [ARI] directory as performing to our Efficiency standards.
- Download the Residential CAC Rebate Application Form for Geothermal
- Download the Residential CAC 2018 Rebate List
Geothermal Energy Highlights
- Efficiency - Geothermal systems are up to four times as efficient as the most efficient fossil fuel furnace. Instead of burning a combustible fuel to make heat, they simply move heat that already exists.
- Cost Savings - Geothermal systems not only cut your heating and cooling costs, they often provide hot water at substantial savings.
- Durability - Geothermal systems last longer than conventional systems because they are protected from harsh outdoor weather. The unit is housed entirely indoors.
- Conservation - Geothermal systems work with the environment by absorbing renewable, non-polluting solar thermal energy stored in the earth and groundwater, and using that energy to heat and cool your home.
- Low Maintenance - Geothermal systems have fewer mechanical components, making them more reliable and less prone to failure. The ground loop has an expected life of over 50 years and requires no maintenance.