How to Report an Outage by Text
To send a text message to us see the instructions below. Every cell phone and mobile device works differently. In general, you may follow these directions for sending a text message to us.
Never touch or go near a downed wire. Report it immediately. Call 800-490-0075 or 631-755-6900.
- Please note that your cell phone must be registered to your account. How to register your cell phone
- Text the letters OUT to 773454 (PSEGLI) and press SEND.
- You will be prompted for type of outage - NO LIGHTS or PARTIAL LIGHTS.
- Reply/text back your choice.
- You will be prompted with a confirmation text.
- That's it!
Check Status of Reported Outage
- Text the letters STAT back to 773454 (PSEGLI) and press SEND.
Please note: Indication that power is restored to your area does not guarantee your house/business has power. During incidents of widespread damage caused by a major storm or event, text messages may not be available for affected areas for several days until we determine restoration times. Additionally, depending on your wireless plan, you may be charged for the text messages associated with this service.