PSEG Long Island customers can now ask… “Alexa, what’s my PSEG Long Island balance?”… and so much more…
(Uniondale, NY – December 20, 2018) - Alexa – Amazon’s voice-activated technology that has taken the world by storm – has come to PSEG Long Island customers. Thanks to the new Alexa skill, customers can make payments, ask billing questions, get saving and safety tips and more – all just by using their own voice.
To get started, customers simply need to go to their Alexa app and search for the PSEG Long Island “skill.” Once they link their PSEG Long Island My Account to Alexa, they’re ready to start managing their account using Alexa’s voice technology.
“Now customers can easily interact with PSEG Long Island in real time to get the information they need and want by simply asking Alexa,” said PSEG Long Island Customer Operations Vice President Rick Walden. “This is just one of the many ways we’re using technology to improve the customer experience and make it easier to do business with us.”
Here are the features currently available on PSEG Long Island Alexa skill:
- Current balance
- Billing summary and usage information
- Make a payment
- Get savings and safety tips
- Meter reading
For more info visit www.psegliny.com/Alexa
New features will be added as we continue to enhance the PSEG Long Island Alexa skill.
The Alexa skill is just one way PSEG Long Island is using technology to make it easier for customers to interact and do business with us. Here are some others:
- Redesigned public website and My Account - The newly designed public website boasts a more modern, customer-friendly design that’s easier to navigate. Fully mobile, the website is easily accessible from any smart device, tablet or desktop, and it features enhancements to My Account. Bill information is easier to retrieve, and interactive charts and graphs arm customers with a better understanding of their energy usage and costs.
- Enhanced Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system - The improved phone system easily understands a customer’s reason for calling and transfers the customer quickly to the proper self-service category or live agent.
- Text and email notifications - Customers can sign-up for My Alerts, a free service that allows customers to receive via text or email outage information, account balance payment information and more.
- Outage maps – Customer can visit PSEG Long Island’s online outage map on psegliny.com to get outage information by county or municipality, as well as estimated time of restoration.
- Coming soon: My Account Mobile App and Online Chat - A new Online Chat feature will give customers the ability to chat live with a customer service representative for assistance to perform a variety of tasks such as reporting an outage, paying a bill, signing up for My Alerts right from their mobile device.
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system under a 12-year contract. PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (NYSE:PEG), a publicly traded diversified energy company with annual revenues of $9.1 billion