COVID-19 Assistance and Resources
If you’re struggling with bills, please let us know.
COVID-19 has upended all of our lives and created unexpected challenges. If it has created a financial burden for you, help may be available.
Assistance for Our Customers
PSEG Long Island is deeply committed to the health, safety and well-being of our customers. The following are ways in which we are adjusting our operations in response to the COVID-19 situation:
- We have suspended all electric service terminations for non-payment for the duration of the governor’s COVID-19 State of Emergency.
- We have also temporarily waived late payment charges.
New York State Protections for Qualifying Residential Customers
If the COVID-19 State of Emergency has caused a change in your financial circumstances, you may be entitled to additional protections under a new state law:
- We will not terminate your electric service for non-payment for an additional 180 days after the State of Emergency ends.
- We will work with you on a new or restructured deferred payment agreement with no down payment, late fees or penalties.
You must contact us at 1-800-490-0025 and affirm a change in your financial circumstances to receive these protections. A payment agreement can help any customer manage a balance even after protections expire. Contact us if you would like to discuss payment options.
Learn more about the NYS Parker-Mosley Law
Additional Government Assistance
- CARES Act Assistance for Workers - Economic Impact Payments
- Pandemic Unemployment Insurance Assistance
Programs available to qualifying participants. PSEG Long Island does not administer these programs