Our New Automated Telephone System
Technology with a Personal Touch
When you call us with a question or concern, you deserve the very best experience possible. That’s why we've upgraded to a new interactive voice response (IVR) automated telephone system that provides modern technology with enhanced voice recognition. PSEG Long Island worked closely with IVR industry leaders to launch our new system.
This state-of-the-art system brings you the following benefits
- Directing your call, naturally – This system understands “natural language,” which means you just describe what you need, without difficult and frustrating menus. For example, just say “check my balance”, “pay my bill”, or "pay by credit card".
- More time-saving options – Enhanced self-service options, available 24/7, give you a wide range of quick and simple ways to manage your account, report an outage, enter a meter read and more.
- Our people are happy to help – It’s easy to choose the option to speak with a friendly & helpful PSEG Long Island customer service representative. Representatives are available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Never wait on hold – With the new CallBack feature, you can choose to have us call you back if the wait time for a representative is longer than normal.
Automated Telephone System offers the following functions, 24/7
- Account information
- Make/Cancel a payment
- Connect to Western Union Speedpay® to pay your bill by debit/credit card
- Request a payment extension
- Balanced Billing enrollment/de-enrollment
- Request a billing statement
- Deferred Payment Arrangements
- Enter a meter reading
- Report an outage
- Customer service/payment locations
- Update/add a phone number
Our Call Center Representatives
Another way we’re working to improve your experience is by engaging our call center representatives. We implemented state-of-the-art software to record and monitor how we handle your inquiries, emergencies and outages in order to make sure we deliver the response you deserve in a timely manner. Monitoring these calls is important because it allows us to coach our employees, better understand your call-in experience, and optimize our processes both on the phone and in the field to make sure we handle your interaction right the first time and provide ongoing improvements for customer satisfaction.