Household Assistance Rate
Eligible customers can save money on every bill with this reduced rate.
The Household Assistance Rate provides a reduction in the Delivery & System Charges portion of the bill. You may qualify if you receive benefits from one or more of the non-utility financial assistance programs listed below:
You may be eligible for this rate if:
You have an active residential account in your name and you currently receive benefits from at least one of the following:
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance - Family Assistance (FA)
- Temporary Assistance - Safety Net Assistance (SNA)
- Veteran’s Pension
- Veteran’s Surviving Spouse Pension
Customers can enroll in several ways: they may be automatically enrolled in this rate when we are notified by an assistance agency that a customer is a recipient of one of the programs above, or fill out an application and provide proof of eligibility. You will know you have been enrolled on the rate when the rate code shown on your bill is preceded by a “D” and Household Assistance is part of your rate description.