Frequently Asked Questions
As part of the effort to accelerate clean transportation alternatives BMW is offering eligible customers and employees of PSEG Long Island a special incentive of $10,000 off best negotiated price on the purchase of a new i3 or i3s BEV (all electric) or REx (electric plus range extender).
- Who is eligible for the PSEG Long Island $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive program?
Customers and employees of PSEG Long Island are eligible (a similar program is available for employees and customers of PSE&G in NJ).
- What must I provide to the dealership to receive the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive?
Eligible participants must provide a copy of a filled out Customer Information Form and a copy of a PSEG Long Island utility bill to receive the offer. PSEG Long Island employees must also provide a copy of a filled out Customer Information Form and may use their employee badge with photo ID or a recent pay stub with photo ID to prove their eligibility.
- Who else is eligible for the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive?
Immediate family members of employees and customers also qualify for this incentive if they reside at the same address as the employee/customer. Proof of residency needs to be provided along with the employees’ proof of eligibility or a PSEG Long Island utility bill.
- Where can I locate the official Customer Information Form?
The customer information form can be downloaded here.
- What vehicles are included in the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive?
The purchase incentive includes all current model years of new BMW i3 models, including the i3 BEV, i3s BEV, i3 REx, and i3s REx. No other models are eligible for this offer.
- Can I use the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive with models other than the i3?
No, this incentive is just available for a new i3 or i3s (=i3 Sport).
- Can the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive be applied on a lease transaction?
No, this incentive is only valid for purchase or finance of the i3 or i3s (BEV and REx models).
- Can the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive be applied on a certified pre-owned or used BMW i3?
No, this incentive is only applicable to the purchase of a NEW i3 or i3s.
- Is the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive applied at the time of transaction?
Yes, the incentive is applied at the time of sale and will be deducted from the purchase price.
- Can the i3 purchase incentive be combined with other retail promotions?
No, this incentive is not combinable with other offers or retail promotions.
- Is the i3 purchase incentive only applicable to current inventory?
No, this incentive can be applied to current inventory AND orders placed through April 30, 2018.
- When does this program expire?
This offer is valid through April 30, 2018.
- Which BMW dealerships are participating in this program?
The offer is good at any authorized BMW dealership.
- I just purchased an i3 - Can I still get the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive for my car?
No, the purchase incentive is only applicable to new purchases made during the offer timeframe (Feb. 15 – April 30, 2018).
- Can eligible participants purchase more than one i3 during the program?
Yes, any PSEG Long Island customer (residential or commercial) can purchase one or more i3 and the $10,000 purchase incentive will be applied to each i3.
- How many miles can you drive the i3 on a single charge?
The EPA-estimated total ranges for the i3 models are:
- 114 miles for the i3 BEV
- 107 miles for the i3s BEV
- 180 miles for the i3 REx and i3s REx
- What does i3 REx mean?
REx stands for range extender and is a small gas fueled engine that maintains the state of charge when the battery level is low, thereby extending the total range of the i3 to 180 miles.
- Do I need special equipment to charge the i3?
Every i3 comes with an occasional use cable that can plug into a standard 120V outlet. However, there are charging solutions available that reduce the charging time of your i3. Please talk to your local BMW dealer for details or go to www.bmwcharging.com.
- How can I find out where EV chargers are located?
EV drivers can find lists of the thousands of public use charging stations available to them through websites such as the U.S Department of Energy’s website at www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html.
- Is public charging free of charge?
It depends. Some public chargers do not charge a fee for charging. Furthermore, new BMW i3 owners qualify for 24 months of free charging at EVgo charge points (30 minutes of free DC fast charging per session or 1 hour of free Level 2 charging per session). See www.chargenowusa.com for details.
- How are these purchase incentives funded?
The purchase incentive is funded through BMW of North America.
- How do I receive a $7,500 federal electric vehicle tax incentive?
The federal tax credit is applied when filing for taxes and applied against income tax owed. Customers are encouraged to contact tax professionals to better understand how it applies to their tax situation.