Syosset and Woodbury Underground Reinforcement Project
A Reliability Project
PSEG Long Island is committed to delivering best-in-class system reliability to our customers and to hardening the system to better withstand extreme weather like Superstorm Sandy.
The Syosset Underground C&R Reliability Project will improve reliability and meet the growing needs of businesses and residents in the Town of Oyster Bay. We are working closely with local officials on this project, keeping them informed and working to minimize potential disruptions.
Project Description and Route
Work is expected to begin in August 2016, with completion anticipated by December 2016. PSEG Long Island is installing a new underground electric distribution feeder in Syosset and Woodbury.
The work will take place on the following streets in Syosset and Woodbury:
- Woodbury Road between Syosset-Woodbury Road and Winthrop Court
- South Woods Road between Syosset-Woodbury Road and Searington Drive
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the work hours?
Crews will be working daily Monday through Friday from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with limited evening and Saturday hours.
- Information on replacement poles and where they will be located:
No pole work is needed for this project.
- Will the project include tree trimming?
No tree trimming work is needed for this project.
- Will there be any traffic interruptions?
There will be some traffic interruptions along the route. To ensure traffic moves safely, PSEG Long Island will provide cones, flagmen and signage at the work sites, as needed, to minimize interruptions.
- Will there be any power outages?
PSEG Long Island does not anticipate any power outages related to this project.
- Do you have permission to do this work?
PSEG Long Island has secured the proper local permits to complete this work.
- Whom can I contact for more information?
Customers with questions about the project can contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025.