PSEG Long Island Winter Storm Update - 4:30PM
As of 4:30 p.m., PSEG Long Island reports that approximately 1,317 of its approximately 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are without service.
- As of 4 p.m., the utility has restored service to approximately 35,000 (more than 98 percent) of the customers affected by the storm.
- More than 200 linemen from Pennsylvania and upstate New York arrived today to assist the utility’s own skilled workforce.
- The vast majority of customers who lost power have been restored. Any remaining customers will be restored by midnight tonight except for limited cases that will be completed by the morning.
- Crews will continue to work to make repairs until all remaining customer outages are restored. In many cases, we are repairing individual service lines that may have been damaged – a process that takes additional time and dedicated personnel working street by street.
- The online Outage Map continues to update with new outages on the electric system. The Outage Map statistics will continue to diverge from the number of customers affected by the storm, which PSEG Long Island tracks separately.
- Electric service crews will continue to restore and respond to outages as safely and as quickly as possible.
- Heavy snow, high winds and heavy rain caused tree limbs to break, taking down wires and causing power outages.
- PSEG Long Island’s goal is always to restore power as safely and quickly as possible.
- The utility appreciates customers’ patience in understanding that crews are working as swiftly as possible, with safety in mind.
Stay safe & connected:
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.”
- Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything that is in contact with a downed wire.
- To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075.
- To report and receive status updates on an outage, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com/outages.
- Follow @PSEGLI on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm.
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s mobile-ready outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at www.psegliny.com/outages.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run any gasoline-powered engines, including generators in a garage or any other enclosed space.